Those with access to the service:
All undergraduate, graduate and fellowship students, grant holders and researchers, the teaching and the administrative staff and guests of the Scuola Normale.
The refectory is located on the first floor of Collegio D'Ancona, via Consoli del Mare, 1.
How to access the service:
Access is via badge:
- Undergraduate and graduate students receive their badge at the moment of matriculation from the Student Services Office of the Student Services Division.
- Foreign students receive their badge at the moment of matriculation from the International Relations Office of the Student Services Division.
(Both badges are activated by the Food Services Office of the Student Services Division)
How the service is provided:
The refectory operates as a self-service restaurant.
The following choice of menu is always available:
- A first course chosen from two dishes available. Plain pasta or rice, and pasta or rice with tomato sauce, are also always available.
- A second course chosen from two dishes available. A cold vegetarian dish is also always available.
- One side dish chosen from two hot dishes available, or salad.
- Cheese or fruit or dessert or yoghurt.
- To drink: besides a small bottle of mineral water, it is also possible to have a bottle of beer or wine, a ½ liter carton of milk or another small bottle of water.
The refectory is open:
Monday-Friday, 12:20-14:00 and 19:30-20:30.
Saturday and Sunday, 12:30-13:45 and 19:30-20:30.
When the service is suspended:
The refectory is closed during the Scuola Normale holidays, that is, during the Christmas and the Easter holidays and the month of August.
The refectory traditionally closes on 1st May. Students can request a basket containing cold rice, mozzarella cheese, canned tuna or meat, corn, fruit, yoghurt, bread, water and plastic cutlery.
The service is free for all undergraduate, graduate and fellowship students, grant holders and researchers, and the administrative staff of the Scuola Normale.