Ciampi Chair in “The Political Economy and the Historical Dynamics of Modern Capitalism”
Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) invites expressions of interest for a Chair in “The Political Economy and the Historical Dynamics of Modern Capitalism”.
The themes of research of the Chair holder will fall within the broad area of the political economy of the modern capitalist development, in historical and comparative perspective. Particular importance is attached to studies on the industrial and technological engines of growth. Work on the role of political institutions and of macroeconomic, industrial and innovation policies is highly relevant.
Attention to the history of contemporary economic policy challenges up to the Great Recession of 2008, the rise in inequality, Europe’s crisis, among others, represent an important focus.
The Chair holder will bring an interdisciplinary perspective to both research and graduate teaching, tutoring Ph.D. candidates and participating to current research projects of the SNS.
The qualifications expected from candidates to the Chair include the following:
- holding a position of full professor in economics, economic policy or economic history at an Italian or foreign university;
- an excellent publication and citation record in the fields of interest of the Chair;
- a significant research experience in major international universities and research institutions;
- experience of participation to European and national research projects;
- ability to operate effectively in interdisciplinary research contexts;
- experience in tutoring Ph.D. candidates in the fields of interest of the Chair;
- fluency in English and Italian.
The Chair will be offered for a period ranging from six months up to five years. Full professors in Italian universities will have SNS fully financing the Chair through bilateral agreements between SNS and their universities of origin.
Expressions of interest, addressed to:
Scuola Normale Superiore
can be sent by email to the address email@example.com writing CIAMPICHAIR in the subject field.
Deadline for the receipt of applications: September 30, 2017.
Applications should include a CV, all relevant information about the applicant and his/her current research interests.