Fixed-Term Researcher in Theoretical Philosophy
The Scuola Normale Superiore announces a selection for the recruitment of one fixed-term researcher, under art. 24, par. 3, lett. a) of the Law 240/2010, engaged on the basis of a full time appointment for a three-year term and by the stipulation of a private-law employment contract, to carry out research activities, teaching activities, supplementary teaching activities and tutoring to students, in the academic field 11/C1 Theoretical Philosophy, Academic discipline M-FIL/01 Theoretical Philosophy.
Research programme: Theoretical philosophy, hermeneutics, aesthetics. The problem of interpretation with regards to language, image and writing in the European reflection in the second half of the XX century and in the contemporary thinking. - Supervisor: Prof. Roberto Esposito.
Research activities: The candidate will conduct her/his research work in the field of Theoretical Philosophy (s.s. d. M-FIL/01) such as outlined in the research program described above. Special attention will be given to the issues of philosophical reflection in the second half of the XX century, in its connection with the hermeneutic tradition.
The researcher’s teaching activities, integrative teaching activities, and service activities in support of the students will consist in giving lectures, training sessions and if needed, in support activities to teaching as decided on a yearly basis in the teaching program established by the competent academic organisms.
Duration of the contract: 3 years.
Remuneration: the annual remuneration will be the same as the starting remuneration for confirmed researchers, corresponding to an annual gross compensation of € 34.898,06.
Application deadline: the application must be received by 22 January, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. at the Scuola Normale Superiore.
Information about the selection procedure can be found below. Candidates are invited to review the official announcement published on the website of the Scuola Normale Superiore, at the URL https://www.sns.it/bando/ricercatore-tempo-determinato-di-tipo-ssd-m-fil01 and to follow exclusively its detailed instructions should they decide to apply.
Applications are invited from candidates who have completed a PhD in Philosophy or equivalent degree.
Candidates who have completed the aforementioned degrees abroad may also apply, if said degrees are recognized as equivalent to Italian degrees.
Additional competence and/or experience relevant to the choice of the researcher: knowledge of English language.
Applications cannot be invited from:
- full or associate professors or researchers - in universities or research institutions - who are employed presently or have been employed previously with an open-ended contract in Italy or equivalent contracts abroad (on the basis of ministerial tables of equivalences);
- candidates who have had fixed-term contracts as research fellow or researcher as provided in Arts. 22 and 24 of Italian Law 240/10 at the Scuola or at other Italian universities, whether public, private or online, or bodies under Par. 1 of Art. 22 of Italian Law 240/10 for a period which, including the intended duration of the current selection, exceeds a total of twelve years, even if not continuing;
- candidates who have any relationships of marriage, family relationships or affinity, up to the fourth degree, or civil partnership, with professors belonging to the Classe di Scienze Umane, or with the Director, the Secretary General, the members of the Board of Directors of the Scuola or candidates who hold the above-mentioned positions/individual functions, from the moment of authorization of the selection procedure until the signing of the contract.
How to apply
Candidates with all the aforementioned requisites who wish to participate in the selection process must present the application form (model A) drawn up on plain paper, with original signature.
They also attach the followings to the application form:
- a curriculum vitae containing a detailed list of the qualifications and the complete scientific production;
- a photocopy (non-authenticated) of a valid identification document.
- any document and qualification – included among the ones declared in the curriculum vitae – that the candidate intends to submit, with relative list;
- list of the publications that the candidate intends to submit, in the maximum number of 12 including the doctoral thesis. The list shall be drawn up in accordance with the attached form (Attachment B “List of submitted publications”);
- the publications – specified in the above mentioned list at letter d) - in the maximum number of 12 established by the call.
The documents at the previous letters a), b), c) and d) including the application form must be presented also on CD or USB flash drive, in pdf format, while the publications indicated at the letter e) must be presented exclusively on CD or USB flash drive, in pdf format
In order to submit the application and documentation listed above, candidates must use one of these options:
- candidates can present the application form and documentation directly, during office hours, to the “Servizio Archivio, Protocollo e Posta” [Documents Registry Office] of the Scuola Normale, located at Via del Castelletto, n. 11, 56126 Pisa (Italy) or at Palazzo Strozzi, Piazza Strozzi, 50123 Firenze (Italy);
- candidates can send the application form and documentation by mail or courier to the same address. In this case, it is recommendable to write on the envelope “Researcher position in the academic discipline 11/C1 Theoretical Philosophy”;
- candidates can send the application form using the electronic mail only if they possess a certified electronic mail address (PEC - Posta Elettronica Certificata). Alternatively, they can send it from an electronic registered delivery service or a qualified electronic registered delivery service according to the Regulation (EU) N° 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23rd July 2014 (Regulation eIDAS).
In this case, they should send the application form to the address email@example.com.
If applicants send their candidature via PEC - Posta Elettronica Certificata, the presentation of documents and publications on paper, CD or USB flash drive is not requested.
Any candidature sent from a simple electronic mail address, different from the ones described above, won’t be accepted.
No other delivery method will be accepted.
Administrative information or questions may be addressed to Servizio Personale (Tel. 0039 050/509721 – 0039 050/509762 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The full announcement (in Italian) can be found HERE.