Palazzo della Carovana
Anna Longhini is a research fellow in Political Science at Scuola Normale Superiore in the Institute of Human and Social Sciences in Florence, where, since May 2017, she is part of the UNCENTRAL (a SIR-MIUR 2015-2018 research project on the role of central banks after the financial crisis) research team. In late 2016 Anna was based at the European Institute for the Mediterranean (IEMed) in Barcelona, where she was awarded a short-term research grant, for contributing to research on the role of political expertise in Euro-Mediterranean relations in times of crisis. Previously, Anna received her Ph.D. in Political Science from the Scuola Normale Superiore, Florence; she was a visiting researcher at Royal Holloway University of London in the New Political Communication Unit in 2014, and graduated in Economics for Public Administrations and International Institutions at Bocconi University in Milano in 2010. Anna also gained experience working in administrative positions, especially in grants management, consultancy and public administration. She currently serves as a town councillor in the town where she grew up near Biella, Italy.
5 Most recent publications
- Longhini A. (2017) Theorizing the role of experts in shaping Euro-Mediterranean politics, at a time of erosion of democratic legitimacy and emergence of contested issues, IEMed Focus 2/2017. Barcelona: European Institute for the Mediterranean.
- Longhini, A. (2016). Gli attori non statali della politica estera. Atlante Geopolitico Treccani 2015. Roma: Istituto dell’Enciclopedia Italiana Treccani.
- Longhini, A. (2015) Foreign policy think tanks in the Italian political context: evolutions and perspectives. International Journal: Canada's Journal of Global Policy Analysis, (70) 4: 573-592.
- Longhini, A. (2015) Institutionalization of Foreign Policy Think Tanks in Italy and in the UK: An Explanatory Framework. Central European Journal of Public Policy, (9) 2: 96-121.
- Longhini, A. (2012). L’Unione europea di fronte alla primavera araba. In: Torelli, S. and Mercuri, M. (eds) La Primavera Araba. Origini ed effetti delle rivolte che stanno cambiando il Medio Oriente. Milano: Edizioni Vita e Pensiero.
5 Relevant previous projects:
Project MIUR SIR 2014 "Unconventional Central Banks: Making Monetary Policy in Hard Times" (Scientific Coordinator: prof. Manuela Moschella). Research assistant, working on the textual analysis of the Central Bank Governors’ speeches, for the analysis of the monetary unconventional policies adopted as a response to the economic crisis.
Public policy, Expertise, Foreign policy, Think tanks, Euro-Mediterranean politics, Elite interviews, Discourse analysis.