Diego Ceccobelli earned his Ph.D. in Political Science at Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa (SNS, Florence), with a dissertation entitled “Political Leaders on Facebook: a Comparative Analysis on Popularization in Contemporary Liberal Democracies”. His research interests lie in the field of political communication and comparative politics, e.g., role of social media in contemporary political communication, and personalization of politics in comparative perspective. He has furthermore extensive expertise conducting social media analysis, expert interviews, as well as quantitative and qualitative approaches. He is actually working on the PICME project (Political participation in Complex Media Environments).
5 Most recent publications (already published, HARVARD Reference Style):
- Ceccobelli, D. (2017), Facebook al Potere. Lo stile della leadership al tempo dei social media. Santarcangelo di Romagna: Maggioli Editore
- Ceccobelli, D., and Cotta, B. (2016). Leaders’ ‘green’ posts. The environmental issues shared by politicians on Facebook. European Policy Analysis, 2(2), pp. 68-93.
- Marchetti, R., and Ceccobelli, D. (2016). Twitter and Television in a Hybrid Media System: The 2013 Italian election campaign. Journalism Practice, 10(5), pp. 626-644.
- Ceccobelli, D. (2016), Polling, in M. Calise, Lowi, T. and M. Fortunato (Eds) Capire la Scienza Politica. I concetti chiave, Bologna: Il Mulino, pp. 179-189.
- Bonerba, G. e D. Ceccobelli (2013), Un tocco di humor e ironia per interpretare temi e proposte: i casi di #propostashock e #ècolpaditwitter, in S. Bentivegna (Eds), La politica in 140 caratteri, Franco Angeli, pp. 175-198.
Relevant previous projects:
PICME project (Political participation in Complex Media Environments).
Political communication, comparative politics, personalization of politics, political participation, QCA.