Palazzo della Carovana
A-Levels at the ‘Liceo Classico’ of Bolzano in 1995. Studies at the University of Pisa (1999: graduated in History of Early Modern Art) and at the Scuola Normale Superiore under the guidance of Paola Barocchi (1995-1999: Corso ordinario; 1999-2002: Corso di Perfezionamento), with the completion of the Diploma di Licenza in January 2000 and of the Ph.D. in May 2005 in Art History. Post-doctoral research fellowship at the Scuola Normale Superiore (2005-2007) and at the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence – Max-Planck-Institut (2007-2008). In the same institution, academic assistant from 2002 to 2005. Currently tenured Researcher in History of Early Modern Art (Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassical) at the Scuola Normale Superiore since December 2008 (confirmed in December 2011). Attainment in February 2014 of the National Scientific Qualification as Associate Professor in Art History (10/B1).
Scientific Projects in progress: Principal Investigator of Internal Project (Scuola Normale Superiore, Progetti di ricerca per docenti e ricercatori), Looking at Bernini between 1870 and 1920: his Sculpture and his Public, from September 2015 to September 2017. Principle research topics: artistic literature in Europe between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries; Baroque sculpture; papal patronage in the Early Modern Age; the critical and visual fortunes of the Baroque artists in the contemporary era.
Other titles and activities
- Scientific collaboration: Associate Researcher of the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence – Max-Planck-Institut (from 2009)
- Editorial activities: member of the editorial scientific committee of «Rivista d'Arte», Olschki (from 2011) and of the editorial board of the «Annali. Classe di Lettere e Filosofia», Edizioni della Normale (from 2015)
- Professorships: visiting professor at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany (November 2012; May 2014)
- Fellowships: Paul Mellon Visiting Senior Fellow / Millon Architectural History Guest Scholar at the Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts (CASVA) – National Gallery of Art di Washington DC (autumn 2013); Chercheuse invitée of the Institut national d’histoire de l’art in Paris (summer 2016)
- «Impronta di Sua Santità». Urbano VIII e le medaglie, Pisa, Edizioni della Normale 2008 (author)
- Le arti a dialogo. Medaglie e medaglisti tra Quattro e Settecento, Pisa, Edizioni della Nomale 2014 (editor)
- Die Künstler der «Teutschen Academie» von Joachim von Sandrart: Aus aller Herren Länder, Turnhout (Belgium), Brepols 2015 (co-editor with Susanne Meurer and Anna Schreurs-Morét)
- Gli allievi di Algardi, Milano, Officina Libraria, forthcoming (co-editor with Andrea Bacchi and Alessandro Nova)
Conferences and lectures
Scientific curator and co-curator of international conferences at the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa (2011, 2015, 2016), at the Goethe-Universität of Frankfurt am Main (2010), and at the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence (2015).
Conferences and lessons in Europe at the Freie Universität in Berlin (2000), the Université de Paris IV-Sorbonne (2003), the Cabinet des Estampes de la Bibliothèque Royale Albert I in Brussels (2008), the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität in Freiburg (2012) and the Wallace Collection in London (2013); in Italy at the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa (2002, 2011, 2016), the École Internationale de Printemps en Histoire de l’Art in Cortona (2005), the Bibliotheca Hertziana in Rome (2004, 2006), the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence (2008, 2015), the Renaissance Society of America in Venice (2010), the Accademia di Belle Arti in Naples (2011), the Università La Sapienza in Rome (2012), the Università della Tuscia in Viterbo (2013), the Scuola dell’Arte della Medaglia in Rome (2014), the Università degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo (2015), and the Università di Pisa (2016).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the exhibition La Roma antica e moderna del cardinale Giulio Alberoni (Piacenza, 2008/2009)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the exhibition Da Jacopo della Quercia a Donatello. Il primo Rinascimento a Siena (Siena, 2010), and curator of its section Manoscritti miniati ed illustrati. Codici religiosi